Professional Diploma in Plantation Management (PDPM)
Professional Diploma in Plantation Management (PDPM) is a program that specially designed to meet the requirements by the plantation industries in line with the advancement in the technology and Research & Development (R&D) in this sector. The students will be equipped with the management concepts includes human resources management aspects, communication skills, accounting knowledge, etc as a preparation for them to be ready as young Estate Manager.
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills in managing a commercial plantation crops.
- To enhance knowledge in new agricultural technologies and management principles in the plantation sector
- To enhance the professionalism in plantation management in which organizational objectives are set and achieved through a trough understanding of the principles laws governing accountability in plantation environment.
After completed the PDPM program, students must be able:
- To apply the management concept and principles in their routine job. They must be able to manage all resources under them efficiently.
- To practice basic accounting concept in their operation activities and more concern on the minimizing of production cost and maximizing the yield per hectare.
- To be more efficient and effective in performing their given tasks.
- To carry out more responsibilities and scope of works.
- To manage projects timely and reporting of progress.
- Diploma with GPA 2.50 and above in any discipline, or;
- Certificate in Plantation Industry Management (CPIM), IIPM or other recognized certificate program endorsed by Professional and Academic Advisory Board (PAAB) with at least three (3) years working experience, or;
- STPM with 2 principal pass or CGPA 2.50 with three (3) years experience in plantation industry ; or
- SPM with any three (3) creditsor its equivalent with five (5) years’ experience in plantation industry.
- The Duration of the program is not less than 24 months.
MODE OF PROGRAM:
- Taught course and the class will be on the alternate weekend and weekdays basis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Supervisor and above
- Support Staff
- The course fee are includes notes, learning resources, assessment and membership fees. The course fee for the program RM18,850.00 (Course fee subject to change)
- Continuous Assessment ( Assignment, Quiz, Test, Presentation – 60%
- Written Examination – 40%
|PMI001||Pembangunan Minda Insan & Kecemerlangan Pendidikan|
|MD002||Fundamentals of Management|
|MD004||Estate Accounting and Finance|
|MD005||Information and Communication Technology in Plantation|
|MD008||Nursery and Landscape Management|
|MD009||Human Resources Management Estate Safety and Health|
|MD010||Mechanization of Estate Operation|
|MD011||Plantation Crop Management and Post Harvest (Oil Palm)|
|MD012||Plantation Crop Management and Post Harvest (Rubber)|
|MD013||Weed, Pest and Disease Management|
|MD014||Land Clearing and Preparation|